jobs and positions
to post your announcement here forward a E-mail to Victor
Supervisor, NMR and MS systems and operations (Chemistry, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC) <NEW
NMR Scientist / Research Scientist Arkema, King of Prussia, PA <NEW
NMR jobs on other web-sites (links listed below)Tweets by @nmr900
Simon Fraser University, Chemistry
NMR AND MS SYSTEMS AND OPERATIONS
Department of Chemistry at Simon Fraser University (SFU) is seeking a candidate
with high-level expertise in nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) to lead the
operation, maintenance, and development of the NMR facilities at the SFU Burnaby
campus. The candidate will consult with and advise faculty, staff, post-docs,
and research students on
the applications of NMR spectroscopy and other characterization techniques. In addition, the candidate will participate in the acquisition of NMR instruments, upgrades to hardware and software, and preparation of research grants. Furthermore, the candidate will serve in a managerial role for the NMR and mass spectroscopy (MS) facilities, including supervision of technical staff. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in collaborative research projects.
A Ph.D. in science and four years directly related experience with a focus on NMR in a research setting, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required. Knowledge of MS is not required, but it considered an asset. Superior scientific research, experimental design, data collection and analysis, technical and communications, as well as management skills are essential.
Salary ranges between $73,757 - $88,079 per annum, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Please submit a detailed resume and cover letter quoting Competition #506 by 4:30 p.m. on September 5, 2017 to Bela Barros, Human Resources Advisor, at:
Simon Fraser University, 8888 University Drive,
Burnaby, B.C. V5A 1S6 Canada
Simon Fraser University is committed to the principle of equity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. Please note: We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Apply directly from the link below:
job activities include (but
are not limited to):
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with Arkema business units, manufacturing plants, R&D, international colleagues and potentially external customers.
- Serve on R&D project teams and collaborate with colleagues to solve problems spanning a diverse range of chemistries.
- Estimate project requirements and timing and deliver on promised milestones.
- Write technical reports and research proposals.
- Initiate and lead 1-3 projects per year to develop new methods, acquire new capabilities, and implement hyphenated techniques.
- Generate creative solutions from a variety of perspectives; suggest new ways to apply existing knowledge.
- Responsible for ensuring system reliability and continuity of service, probe hardware changes, minor probe maintenance.
- Lead R&D special projects for businesses as appropriate.
- Maintain extensive professional network with Arkema scientists (including non-US labs) and academic collaborators; actively participate in appropriate professional organizations. Present work at technical conferences.
- Maintian knowledge of Arkema products and processes for the business units that are supported and a general understanding of business interests and markets.
- Actively participate in Arkemas safety programs and lead relevant safety projects as required.
/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- PhD in Chemistry; 0-10 years of industrial experience.
- 5+ years experience in NMR spectra interpretation including 2D NMR and heteronuclear NMR. Solid-state NMR experience is a plus.
- Experience with other analytical techniques highly desirable. Familiarity with Bruker spectrometers a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a track record of collaboration and teamwork.
- Self-starting ability with exceptional time and project management skills.
- Demonstrated multitasking capabilities. Can advance multiple projects in parallel.
global chemical company and Frances leading chemicals producer, Arkema
is building the future of the chemical industry every day. Deploying a
responsible, innovation-based approach, we produce state-of-the-art specialty
chemicals that provide customers with practical solutions to such challenges
as climate change, access to drinking water, the future of energy, fossil
fuel preservation and the need for lighter materials. With operations in close
to 50 countries, some 19,000 employees and research centers in North America,
France and Asia, Arkema generates pro forma annual revenue of some $8.1 billion,
and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally
NMR jobs listed by the International Society of Magnetic Resonance (ISMAR) https://www.weizmann.ac.il/ISMAR/career-center
NMR jobs on the NMR Information Server
List of NMR jobs and Post-Doc positions maintained by Dror Warschawski (look under "Archive" on the left panel)
Association of Managers in Magnetic Resonance Laboratories (AMMRL) Email Archives
Wiley Job Network: Search Healthcare, Science, and Academic Jobs http://www.wileyjobnetwork.com/
positions at Canadian Universities